   Re: [xml-dev] Looking for small Java XML Parser

Gordon Ross wrote:

>>  I'm looking for a small Java XML parser (validation is *NOT* required,
>>  but well-formedness checking would be nice)

Well-formedness checking is not only nice; it's required or it isn't
an XML parser.  Some of the things people have suggested are
therefore not XML parsers. You have not defined what you mean by
"small". However, you might wish to check out StAX (Google it) from
JSR 173. It is specifically designed to be used in small devices such
as cell phones, PDAs, and the like. It is a streaming pull parser
that does not provide a tree model.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu