   RE: [xml-dev] Postel's law, exceptions

At 8:25 PM +0100 1/15/04, Danny Ayers wrote:
>Try some of the tools. Most give the user plenty of freedom to produce
>ill-formed markup.

Yuck, Hard to believe, but if you say so. Still, yuck. In any case,
then the proper response is to fix the tools. This should be much
easier than training thousands of humans, many of whom will
occasionally get it wrong anyway even if they know better. I still
occasionally omit an end-tag or some such on Cafe con Leche, in which
case my feed generator refuses to create an RSS document from it.

--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu