   RE: [xml-dev] Missing "BR" Tags XSLT

At 2004-01-20 15:18 -0500, Strolia-Davis Christopher Contr MSG/MAT wrote:
>G. Ken Holman also said:
> >Note also you probably want an exclude-result-prefixes="prb" to clean up
> >the output.
>
>I've tried using the namespace associated with "prb" as a default namespace,
>but I get strange results sometimes in the browsers, so I've given up and
>just decided to use the prb: as my qname in order to make it work.

Note that I said "clean up the output", but you are speaking of the
input.  You *are* required to use a namespace in your stylesheet because
XPath 1.0 never uses the default namespace.

But, your use of a literal result element in your stylesheet produces:

      < br xmlns:prb="www.MyBRProblem.org">

... because you haven't pruned your stylesheet tree of unwanted output
namespaces.  (note I added a space after "<" to prevent mailers
interpreting the HTML).

My suggestion would remove the unwanted namespace nodes from all your
literal result elements so they don't end up in your result tree or
serialization.

You *do* need the namespace in your stylesheet to do addressing.

I hope this helps.

--
North America (Washington, DC): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-03-15
-          (San Francisco, CA): 3-day XSLT/2-day XSL-FO 2004-03-22

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/bc