   Re: [XOM-interest] Re: Unicode forms for internal storage

  • To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Re: Unicode forms for internal storage
  • From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:09:07 -0500
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

Elliotte Rusty Harold scripsit:

> No, I don't plan to support XML 1.1, certainly not in XOM 1.0 and
> beyond that not unless someone asks for it and demonstrates a real
> need. This is discussed in the XOM FAQ at
> http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/faq.xhtml#d0e183

Your more moderate remarks in "Fifty Ways To Lose Your XML Virginity"
have my full support, but I really do resent the word "abomination".
Perhaps I shall have to issue a rogue patch for XOM....

--
John Cowan       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
                Clear all so!  `Tis a Jute.... (Finnegans Wake 16.5)