   RE: [xml-dev] XLink and mixed vocabulary design

>Hypertext is a particular application of linking, a more basic notion.
>It's a mistake to think of links solely in the hypertext context.

Hear,hear. I can complain about XLink with the best of them, but I do like
the Rec's definitions, particularly its definition of a link: "An XLink link
is an explicit relationship between resources or portions of resources." A
footnote, a URL on the side of a bus, and a guy holding up a "John 3:16"
sign at a basketball game are all links. A hyperlink is an interactive
presentation of a link on a screen--a rendering of a link.

Bob