   sane XML

I've been giving a presentation on RELAX NG to developers in upstate NY,
but felt it was time to reach a broader audience.  I don't think xml-dev
is exactly that audience - the sense I get from people here is that they
use W3C XML Schema because they have to, not because they like it, and
xml-dev readers are at least aware that there are alternatives.

Unfortunately, the rest of the world, at least in my encounters, doesn't
seem too aware that there are options for creating schemas that don't
involve horrific battles with incompatible abstractions, tools with
interoperability problems, or too many parts moving at once.  I worry
that many of those people curse XML or write it off entirely, and hope
that perhaps there's still hope for markup presented with an emphasis on
sanity:

http://oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/4240

If XML is going to survive as anything other than a hated complication
to things that were tough enough already, it's time to let people know
there are alternatives to pulling their hair out or hoping that tools
magically solve their problems.