   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Genx c14n?

At 22:15 26.1.2004, you wrote:
>I've realized that just saying "yes" is easy. In my opinion, the world
>need this more than
>
>   - pretty printing
>   - collapsing empty tags
>   - ability to output doctype or xml declaration
>   - ability to use multiple encodings

The doctype and xml declaration outputting should be possible,
it will most likely be possible by Genx misuse anyway: You could do it by
opening FILE* stream
and writing raw BOM, xml declaration and DOCTYPE there before
starting using "legal" outputting functions. I think for this reason Genx
should have
on/off setting for xml declaration outputting.

I guess ability to use multiple encodings in genx internally would not be
realistic approach but abstract output would allow using for example
libiconv methods to OUTPUT in different encodings which i think is good
thing. An ability to write custom xml declaration and write custom BOM must
be possible for this too.

with respect,
Toni Uusitalo