   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Genx c14n?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toni Uusitalo" <toni.uusitalo@pan.nu>

> I guess ability to use multiple encodings in genx internally would not be
> realistic approach but abstract output would allow using for example
> libiconv methods to OUTPUT in different encodings which i think is good
> thing. An ability to write custom xml declaration and write custom BOM must
> be possible for this too.

It's the old separation of concerns. Let some other piece
of code worry about the output encoding.

Another matter is the input encoding, of course. Depending on platform
it should be the main Unicode encoding used (UTF-8 on Linux, UTF-16 on Windows).
I think it has been suggested to use a compile time definition
of some XML_Char type (like in Expat).

Karl