   Re: [xml-dev] Paging in XSL XML

At 2004-01-30 16:35 -0800, Asim Qazi wrote:
>     I m new to XML and XSL and facing a problem infact not finding way to
> do ... .

XSLT and XPath questions would be better posted to the following list:

There are a number of subscribers who would enthusiastically respond to
such questions.

There is also an *excellent* FAQ at:

   http://www.dpawson.co.uk

>my problem is that i want pagging i-e ( Prev 1 2 3 4 Next ) in XSL .. i m
>using ASP MSXML Parser to do Server side transformations and throw pure
>Html on the client, the current Pagging is in ASP and for every next page
>i have to go to server make XML packet Tranform it and then to show it to
>Client ... Is there any way to do it on Client and reduce this burdon ???

Only by using some kind of DOM scripting in the client, delivering your XML
document to the client and your client reorienting itself around the
content on the fly.  XSLT isn't "dynamic" on the client so as to convey a
changing state of a single document ... it is a static transformation
representing the result of rearrangement of your information.

I hope this helps.

--
Public courses: sign up for one or both soon to reserve your seat!
Each week:  Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath;  Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/bc