   Re: [xml-dev] text to XML

  • To: Betty Harvey <harvey@eccnet.com>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] text to XML
  • From: Nicolas Toper <ntoper@jouve.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:04:00 +0100
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

Well, it's more a proof of concept than a commercial application. I used it in
my company before it closed to update a magazine website. We had only the
(text) PDF files.

Basically, I used some artificial learning technology + expert system to
extract the semantic of the text and XMLize it. Then I put it on the
Webserver and the update was done b/c I had some XSL behind to work for me
:=)

It's written in Jython + some Java parts and works well.

I'm right now in the last month of my employment. I think I'll work on it
during my unemployment period but I'm also wondering if ppl would be
interested in something like that?

nicolas

PS If you want more informations, please send me a mail to ntoper@yahoo.fr
since this e-mail adress won't be valid in a copple of days/