   RE: [xml-dev] best practice for providing newsfeeds ?

Paul Sumner Downey wrote:
> This nicely exposes some of the key issues in
> XML data interchange: ...
> 3) something which is quintessentially pub-sub ends up using
>   polling.
	At PubSub.com, we're trying hard to make publish/subscribe for
XML a much more common thing than it has been. The first area we're
working in is XML formatted blog data which people have traditionally
polled for. Come visit us at http://weblogs.pubsub.com/ and you can
"subscribe" to get custom RSS feeds built in real-time based on
filtering against the more than 1 million RSS publishers that we
currently scan in real time. At http://elections.pubsub.com/ you can
see some examples of feeds we generate in response to subscriptions.
	If you want to have your results pushed to you (i.e. more like
tradition publish/subscribe) check out the interface described at
http://pubsub.com/REST/ ). It's pretty rough now, but will improve as
we get some testing done. Also, we'll be offering SOAP, XMLRPC, email,
etc. as delivery/notification mechanisms in the future.

	bob wyman