   RE: [xml-dev] best practice for providing newsfeeds ?

Ian Graham wrote:
> There's an uncomfortable (but I don't think intentional)
> pattern in this statement:
> s/the RSS format/Linux/
> s/pubsub.com[2]/Longhorn/
	 There is certainly a superficial similarity between the
patterns. But, I think  the real point is how *different* my comments
were from those of the people who are saying "limit investment in
Linux, Longhorn is coming." The pattern may be the same, but the
context is drastically different. The difference is that both Atom and
PubSub.com are here today while Longhorn isn't even scheduled to be
useful for years. To say: "hold off on Linux until you see Longhorn"
is pure FUD. However, to say: "hold off on RSS, use Atom instead" is
simply a personal opinion about options that are available today and
widely used.
	Now that Atom is being supported for millions of bloggers at
Blogger, LiveJournal, SixApart, etc. it really can't be considered a
"future" anymore. Atom is real and with us today. Atom is now, and
shall be for quite some time, a very important part of our network
infrastructure.

		bob wyman