   RE: [xml-dev] best practice for providing newsfeeds ?

> > > RSS 2.0 is being used by New York Times, Microsoft, and many other
> > > "real" organizations to provide feeds to the masses.  It's the
safest
> > > choice, IMO.
> >
> > I also think that at this moment in time, RSS 2.0 is the safest
choice.
> > -Tim

BTW, considering that RSS 2.0 is working just fine for the typical
boring enterprise (and there doesn't seem to be any groundswell of
discontent about things that it doesn't enable) what are the reasons
that we think people would switch to Atom?

Specifically, what business reasons would someone use to justify a
switch to Atom?  The technical arguments are nice for techies, but not
very useful for the guy making spending decisions.

I'm asking this honestly -- I don't really have any problem with Atom,
but I have always felt that the business decision-makers feel that "if
it's not broke, don't fix it".  And RSS's "brokenness" seems to be
something of concern only to techies right now...

Regards,
Joshua