   Re: [xml-dev] RE: WARNING: Namespace thread virus (new variant?)

> When good ideas go bad, bad ideas sound better.

Jeff,

Out of curiousity can you control your format to change the use of
attributes? My own Java Reflection based stuff bad things into XML and try
to get meaningful information back out took this road. I found that modeling
objects as elements /and/ properties as elements provided a big gain. Then I
used a single attribute for the object or literal type to expect as content.
When I started reading around this was the more commonly used approach from
what I can tell. Of course if attributes are required you can do something
else completely crazy:

<foo bar="9.5" type:bar="double"
xmlns:type="http://use-this-namespace-for-any-type.com"/>

All the best,