   RE: [xml-dev] Can A Web Site Be Reliably Defended Against DoS Att acks?

> > Short of creating a mail client and server that prevented
> people from
> > receiving mail attachments, how would you solve the problem
> exploited
> > by this current virus on any one of the popular operating systems
> > existing today?

Perhaps it's time we got rid of the popular operating systems existing
today, and moved to something less primitive?

Even back in the 1960s there were systems with rings of protection that
allowed you to limit the resources that an executable had access to.
Unix threw all that out in the interests of simplicity and portability.

Michael Kay