len

From: Chris Wilper [mailto:cwilper@cs.cornell.edu]

Maybe something on the horizon from Paul Francis (the NAT guy):

". . . The IP Internet was simply not designed to repel this kind of attack.
We are looking at an architecture for an anycast-based DDoS perimeter than
can be incrementally deployed at the edge of the network.  In this
architecture, IP anycast is used to force packets to travel through the
boxes
that constitute the perimeter, thus protecting servers from direct attack.
We believe that this architecture can be extended to provide DDoS protection
to all Internet users."
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/People/francis/