   Re: [xml-dev] xsd to xml

> > On a related note, are there tools to perform the reverse,
> > i.e. given a "complete" XML document, it will generate the
> > XML schema definition?  I realize that some degree of
> > hand-checking would be required, but they will accelerate the
> > schema development process.  Thanks.

XMLBuddy Pro, a plugin to Eclipse, does the following (though it is not
free):

1.    creates dtd, xml schema, relaxng, or relaxng compact from an xml
instance.
2.    creates an xml instance from a definition in dtd, xml schema, relaxng,
or relaxng compact.
3.    validates against dtd, xml schema, relaxng, and relaxng compact.

-tor