   RE: [xml-dev] database primary keys in XML Schema

Your XML schema describes constraints on a single document. A single
document probably corresponds to a "business object" held in your
database. The XML Schema cannot describe constraints that apply across
documents. Perhaps this is where your difficulty lies.

Michael Kay