From: Pete Kirkham [mailto:pete.kirkham@baesystems.com]
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 5:58 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: id proxy

A little while ago somone posted here who had a link to a blog for a proxy
that
added ids to html elements (maybe more than one hop) so that sections in web
pages
could be linked to. I can't seem to find the right phrases to google for it.

Can anyone remind me where it was?

I had an idea of running something like that on my machine as proxy for all
unencrypted web GETs, that also rewrote anchors so it could logged what text

clicked on was, and stored a net of RDF relations instead of the current
approach
to historys, so I could have queries like 'things I browsed to from Tim
Bray's blog
that were near comments on OS X' rather than 'everything from last month in
alphabetical order'.

Of course, if something like this already exists I'd like to know too.

Cheers,

Pete