   Re: [xml-dev] Sun's senior IT architect Victoria Livschitz about XML

Dare Obasanjo wrote:
> Interesting. Too bad her comment is the equivalent of a sound bite
> with no substance at all. I'd be curious to know why she things
> moving to XML from proprietary binary formats is a setback as opposed
> to a step forward.

> Maybe this is just Sun's way of justifying pushing
> replacing the XML in XML Web Services with ASN.1

None that i know about.

Note, just in case the 'proprietary binary formats' label gets stuck
erroneously to ASN.1: ASN.1 is not proprietary and nor are the set of
ASN.1 encoding rules. There are no proprietary binary formats used, or
any plans to use such formats, in Fast Web Services.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question
    Paul Sandoz