   XML publishing frameworks and software methodologies

Dear Distinguished Colleagues:

As I complete my masters, I am taking a course on software methodologies
and I am arriving to conclusion that the traditional drawbacks of
use-case driven development have little application to XML publishing
frameworks, especially Cocoon.

Here is why.

The problem with use-case driven development is that very little focus
is placed on the architecture of the application, forcing developers to
deliver functionality and resulting in unmaintainable complex code.

With Cocoon and XSL I found that most of the architecture is already
provided by the framework itself, meaning that you can focus on the
functionality. The problem of refactoring and reuse manifests itself in
XSLT, though, but it is not nearly as complex to refactor XSLTs as it is
  to maintain reusable component-based Java code.

Anyway, what do you think ? Given XML-pipeline frameworks such as
Cocoon, can we focus on functionality and pay little attention to the
architecture (assume that Cocoon does its job well), or is architecture
still an important part of the methodology ?

Regards,
Oleg