   RE: [xml-dev] parsing xsl file in java

Take a look at the JAXP interface, specifically the classes in
javax.xml.parsers and javax.xml.transform.

There's a choice of products that implement this interface, e.g. Saxon,
Xalan, Oracle, jd.xslt

JAXP itself doesn't currently provide a method like selectNodes() to execute
an XPath expression against a DOM, but many products have such a method.

However, the approach you are using of modifying the stylesheet on the fly
before running it is very inefficient in a servlet environment, because it
means you have to compile the stylesheet each time it's used. This is not a
design I would recommend. But to give you a preferred design, I would need
to know what you are trying to achieve.

Generally the xsl-list at mulberrytech.com is a better place for this kind
of question.

Michael Kay