   RE: [xml-dev] semantics in schema (xsd)

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 16:52, Irene Polikoff wrote:
> Some application domains care to make a difference between husbands and
> wifes, others do not - in these cases the use of a spouse is more
> appropriate. My point was that there are technical mechanisms in OWL
> that allow us to implement what Liam wanted to do, and what Pedro wanted
> to. How exactly, depends on the need of the application and I have no
> interest in arguing over it.

Ouch! I never imagined the growing threads over this topic issue.

Let me say now that the sample I used was just a simplified and dummy
sample of my real case, which has nothing about husband and wifes :-)

Now, the discussion has clarified me about the importance of the
definition schema, and believe me that I abandoned the theory of trying
to validate the most as possible with the schema rules.

I agree that the schema should be simple, and the semantics validations
should be done post-schema validation. I mean, I'll try to use
schematron (for instance) to do the post semantics validations and keep
my schema definition stable and simple.

Thanks,
Pedro Salazar
--