   Re: [xml-dev] semantics in schema (xsd)

* Michael Champion <mc@xegesis.org> [2004-02-27 16:31]:

> On Feb 27, 2004, at 11:02 AM, Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>
> >Irene Polikoff wrote:
> >[snip]
> >>What you are bringing up is that in some countries a husband may be
> >>also a male.
> >
> >Sorry to be picky, but wouldn't this be in all countries (a "husband"
> >is
> >never female)? :)
> >

> Do you *know* that Rosie O'Donnell's new spouse does not consider her a
> "husband"? <duck>  Somebody out there (presumably in California) is
> going to enter "husband" to describe a woman before long, it's going to
> violate constraints built into software, and some poor geek is going to
> have to take political heat for it.  I don't want to be in that
> position.

They are entering it right now in order to produce valid marriage
    certificates in California.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040219-123003-6956r.htm

    Secretary of California Health and Human Services, Kim Balshe is
    taking advantage of "busines" logic to reject gay marriages.

--
Alan / alan@engrm.com / http://engrm.com/
    aim/yim: alanengrm - icq: 228631855 - msn: alanengrm@hotmail.com