   Re: [xml-dev] Re: [Sax-devel] SAX - endDocument() confusion again

At 23:45 27.2.2004, you wrote:
>Taking this argument to extremes, is it acceptable for a parser not to
>call startDocument? Just to call fatalError? I have caught parsers doing
>this, especially when the error is very early in the document; e.g. in the
>byte order mark or the XML declaration.

I decided not to call startDocument/endDocument-pair when BOM or XML
declaration or setting forced encoding fails. Reason for this was I wanted
document's actual encoding to be known at the startDocument stage (as there
isn't necessarily xml declaration present of course). Then again I'm
talking about my SAX C library Parsifal which is far away from "official"
SAX java implementations.

with respect,
Toni Uusitalo