   Re: [xml-dev] SAX - endDocument() confusion again

At 11:38 PM -0500 2/27/04, Karl Waclawek wrote:

>I thought of the reverse direction.
>How would a filter *down* the chain deal with an "end of parsing"
>if it doesn't know why parsing stopped. Was it the end of the document?
>Was there an exception? I think someone else pointed that out already,
>but I missed the name.

I'm not sure I see your problem. The parse() method either returns or
throws an exception. If it returns normally, the end of document was
seen. If it throws an exception it wasn't.

Of course the filter only really nows what the previous filter in the
chain tells it. It doesn't know and doesn't need to know what filters
earlier in the chain say. That's the point of filtering.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu