   Re: [xml-dev] Re: [Sax-devel] SAX - endDocument() confusion again

At 19:04 28.2.2004, you wrote:
>information. Therefore Parsifal (and other SAX parsers) should indeed call
>startDocument, fatalError, and endDocument in that order when they
>encounter an error very early in the XML document. If the client uses the
>Locator2 object at any point in this process, they deserve what they get.

Yes. Like I wrote I wanted the actual document encoding to be known at
startDocument stage that's why I decided to detect encoding before
startDocument - to avoid polling "getEncoding" in some other callback if
one needs to know the original encoding. But SAX Locator2 isn't available
at startDocument - so this makes Parsifal wrong. But well, there isn't
Locator2 implemented in parsifal (although similar info is available) and
Parsifal isn't yet "candidate for SAX reference implementation" ;-). I have
to consider if I change startDocument to be called before encoding
detection in Parsifal's case.

with respect,
Toni Uusitalo