   RE: [xml-dev] schematronx (Xpath): how to verify the absence of anattrib

  • To: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@stjude.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] schematronx (Xpath): how to verify the absence of anattribute?
  • From: Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar@ptinovacao.pt>
  • Date: 02 Mar 2004 20:02:21 +0000
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 19:29, Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
> Depending on your exact needs try
>
>  <assert test="not(a[@attribute])">		<!-- no A with attribute
> -->

Peter, how do we say 'a' has an X attribute and has not an Y attribute?

Is this correct (derived by your example)?
<assert test="a[@X] and not(a[@Y])">
I mean is 'a' the same element or it verifies that has one 'a' element
with X and another 'a' with no Y.

Or can we do this (negate the attribute itself):

<assert test="a[@X not(@Y)]">

Meanwhile, I'm checking your approach...

regards,
Pedro Salazar.
--
-PS