   RE: [xml-dev] schematronx (Xpath): how to verify the absence of anattrib

  • To: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@stjude.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] schematronx (Xpath): how to verify the absence of anattribute?
  • From: Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-salazar@ptinovacao.pt>
  • Date: 02 Mar 2004 20:51:15 +0000
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

I need something which verifies the absence of an attribute and the
presence of another in a such form that let me do something like
counting elements:

<rule context="b">
 <assert test="count(a[@x and not(y)])=10"> the sum must be 10 </assert>
</rule>

The not(y) doesn't work on test, I think...

I tried to move the condition of negation of the attribute to the
context (there it works), but I miss the count (or any other real
operation):

<rule context="b/a[@x and not(y)]">
 <assert test="count(.)=10"> the sum must be 10 </assert>
</rule>

I believe the count will always 1 in the second operation. So, my
intention is using it on 'test' and not in 'context'.

Any ideas?

regards,
Pedro Salazar.
--