   RE: [xml-dev] schematronx (Xpath): how to verify the absence of an attri

At 2004-03-02 20:51 +0000, Pedro Salazar wrote:
>I need something which verifies the absence of an attribute and the
>presence of another in a such form that let me do something like
>counting elements:
>
><rule context="b">
>  <assert test="count(a[@x and not(y)])=10"> the sum must be 10 </assert>
></rule>
>
>The not(y) doesn't work on test, I think...

You say "another attribute" yet you are asking for an element ... have you
tried:

  <assert test="count(a[@x and not(@y)])=10"> the sum must be 10 </assert>

Also, I note you are using count() but documenting it as sum() ... is that
what you need?

I hope this helps.

--
US XSL training: Washington,DC March 15; San Francisco,CA March 22
World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training