   Re: [xml-dev] CSS Scoping in XML Namespaces

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

> Thanks Robert.  Fortunately, I only have to
> contend with IE for this project.  Closed worlds
> are scoped worlds by definition. ;-)
>
> On the other hand, if the namespace prefixes
> are different, why the backslash?
>
> Considering that CSS is in it's own syntax,
> and inside a comment, there is a distinctly
> weird feel to the concept of it having ANY
> impact on the XML namespaces.  Obviously it
> does.  Is that informally specified, formally
> specified, or just another "gotta do it
> somehow because of legacies" solution?

I mis-typed my first sentence. I should have been 'escape the colon with
a backslash.'

I am not sure if it is formally specified.

...Just did a quick search but too many irrelevant results turned up...

I have been using it for about 4 years.

sorry I could be more informative,
-Rob