   Re: [xml-dev] The myth of 80/20

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

> Then the problem becomes if by using that approach,
> you are stuck in the place you get to, 80/20 can
> hose you.  The HTML browser is a good example of
> a cul de sac.  SVG may be another one.

The last 20% reminds me of something a teacher threw out in a freshman
philosophy class. And this goes to support Eric's point that is a myth.

[hoping I remember correctly]

A philosopher (Xeno?) put forth a arrow could never reach its target
because before it could hit it, it had to go half the distance. Before
it got half way it had to get halfway to the halfway point -- ad infinitem.

-but it does get there-

Oh well, back to work.

best,
-Rob