   RE: [xml-dev] W3C suckered by Microsoft?

Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> I think dramatic change is needed, and a victory
> by Eolas looks to me to be the event most likely
> to bring about such change. The amount of money
> involved is pocket change for Microsoft in any case.
	So, you're saying we should sit back and "sacrifice" several
hundred million dollars of Microsoft's money and mess up their product
plans in order to teach folk that the problem of bad patents is real?
	Sorry, I'm just not quite that cold. Neither Microsoft nor
anyone else, no matter how small or large, deserves to be "sacrificed"
in such a manner. In this country (the United States) we generally
work on the idea that everyone has a right to justice and equal
treatment in our courts. These rights aren't properly suspended when
it becomes convenient to create an "example" -- even if, as you
suggest, the money wouldn't be a big loss for Microsoft. In the
country where this case is being pursued, the goal is to provide
justice to *all* -- independent of their means.
	But, it's hard to tell where people are from in mailing
lists... Perhaps you're not an American? Or, maybe if you are, perhaps
you just slept through that bit about the Constitution when you were
in school...

		bob wyman