So, I want to add a

          DELIM    GENERAL  SGMLREF
                   HCRO "&#38;#x"  --entity intro --

                   SHORTREF NONE

	"&#RS;&#RE;&#RS;&#TAB;"
         "&#RS;&#TAB;"
         "&#RS;BB$"
(last line is where I'm falling over)

Now I've tried all the combinations I can think of,
but that $ symbol isn't accepted by nsgmls

I can have (nearly) any other common or garden character,
sequence of characters, and most of the
RCS delimiters,
but there's something fishy about the dollar character.

I don't have any reference books,
google failed me, just coughed with all the dust on such a search,

can anyone here tell me how it should work, or why it doesn't please?

The shortrefs in the DTD I'm just about coming to terms with.

TIA, DaveP