   Schema Centric Canonicalization (was : Rich & Elliotte were right, I was

> > I can't wait for people to ask for WXS normalization.
>
> Wait no longer:
>
>    http://uddi.org/pubs/SchemaCentricCanonicalization.htm

Can anyone explain the case-insensitivity portion? I am not sure why
application level semantics should be foisted on a canonicalization
algorithm. It seems that because case-insensitivity cannot be expressed in
XML Schemas (per se... i.e., without a pattern restriction) that it
shouldn't make the spec. And while we are calling for canonicalization specs
to be side-by-side with validation specs, has anyone considered a
canonicalization mode for Schematron? That would be interesting...

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter