   Re: [xml-dev] elements or attributes

On Mar 17, 2004, at 5:59 PM, Jose Airton wrote:

> What method can I apply in order to identify if a given information
> must be elements and which must be attributes?

The world's collective wisdom on this subject is linked/summarized at
http://xml.coverpages.org/elementsAndAttrs.html

See especially
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-eleatt.html
"The oldest question asked by adopters of XML is when to use elements
and when to use attributes in XML design. As with most design issues,
this question rarely has absolute answers"

The best short answer might be stated "elements for data, attributes
for metadata" but there are subtleties that these articles explain in
some depth.