   Re: is there a way to break out of the xsl:for-each loop ?

No, in the general case we use recursion for this purpose.

However, in your case you don't need an xsl:for-each instruction at all.

Simply define the "foundIt" xsl:variable as:

        <xsl:variable name="foundIt" select="$listofNodes[. =
$mySearchItem][1]"/>

or if you need a boolean, then:

        <xsl:variable name="foundIt" select="count($listofNodes[. =
$mySearchItem][1])"/>

Dimitre Novatchev,
FXSL developer,

830BF4914C3C4B4EB1C438D93ABF897A044423@lgchexch011.ad.lgc.com">news:830BF4914C3C4B4EB1C438D93ABF897A044423@lgchexch011.ad.lgc.com...