Lists Home |
Date Index |
XML Europe 2004 is almost upon us. The press release below may be of
interest to members of this list. Hope to see you in Amsterdam.
XML Europe 2004 to Focus on “Documenting the Future”
Premier European XML Industry Event Slated for 18-21 April in Amsterdam;
Presenters Include Adobe, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Oracle, Sun,
Alexandria, Va. – March 22, 2004 – IDEAlliance, a leading industry
association dedicated to fostering XML and other information technology
standards, today announced the full programme for XML Europe 2004, being
held 18-21 April, at the Amsterdam RAI Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
XML Europe is the premier European forum for the XML community, spanning
the worlds of electronic business, publishing, the Internet,
e-government, software and open standards development. This year's
conference theme is "Documenting the Future," reflecting the key role
XML plays in capturing an ever-increasing portion of peoples’ lives –
business transactions, interactions with government, creative
endeavours, and more.
“No other XML event on the continent offers the quality of presenters
and information we’ve assembled for XML Europe 2004, “says Edd Dumbill,
managing editor of XML.com and XML Europe programme chair. “As XML, open
standards and Web services are joining the world together as never
before, attendees will learn from the cutting-edge technologies on
exhibit, as well as from real-world deployment experience and case
Keynote speakers at XML Europe 2004 include Dumbill; Amazon.com Web
Services Evangelist Jeff Barr; and Steven Pemberton, senior researcher
with W3C/CWI, The Netherlands, as well as with CWI Amsterdam, the Dutch
national research institute for mathematics and computer science.
XMLEurope 2004 educational programmes will cover numerous XML-related
topics. Well-known presenters include:
* Stephen Cayzer, Research Engineer, Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ)
* Lisa Martin, Software Architect, IBM Corporation (NYSE: IBM)
* Charles Myers, Technology Strategist, ePaper Solutions Group,
Adobe Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADBE)
* Farrukh S. Najmi, XML Standards Architect, Sun Microsystems,
Inc. (NASDAQ: SUNW)
* Mark Scardina, Group Product Manager and XML Evangelist, Oracle
Corp. (NASDAQ: ORCL)
* Jonathan Parsons, Director of Product Marketing, XyEnterprise,
Educational tracks for XML Europe 2004 are:
* Content Management – Strategies for managing XML content for Web
and print publishing.
* Core Technologies – The basic standards and specifications that
are the foundation of XML technologies and systems.
* Electronic Business – Deployment experience and education about
the ebXML electronic business standards.
* Government – XML and government-related projects.
* Graphics and Multimedia – XML at work in visual and audio
* Integration – Integrating products from different parts of a
company, or different companies, to enable information transfer
from one application to another, or to combine information from
more than one application. Web services are often part of the
* Knowledge Technologies – Metadata, the semantic Web, RDF, topic
maps, and related topics. Content management systems often
include knowledge management components.
* Late Breaking News – Sessions reserved for updates on a
technology or case study.
* Product Presentations – Vendors and developers showcasing the
latest XML-related products and services.
* Publishing – All aspects of publishing information, including
publishing to print, online, CD-ROMs, and on demand.
* Web Services – The Web services family of specifications and
standards designed to provide application-to-application
communication via the Internet.
XML Europe 2004 will be co-located with Seybold Seminars Amsterdam 2004.
In addition to the two conference programmes, the events will share a
pavilion. The Pavilion floor will feature vendors from Europe, North
America, and Asia. More than 50 providers of software, systems and
solutions are slated to showcase their latest innovations this April.
Last year's event had more than 650 attendees and this year's event
promises to draw an even greater crowd. For more information on the
Seybold event, visit www.Seybold365.com/ams2004.
For the full XML Europe 2004 programme, visit
Sponsorship and exhibit opportunities are available. Contact Kurt
Federow, email@example.com, 617.497.0931 for more information.
For general information and to register to attend XML 2003, visit
IDEAlliance (International Digital Enterprise Alliance) is a
not-for-profit membership organization. Its mission is to advance
user-driven, cross-industry solutions for all publishing and
content-related processes by developing standards, fostering business
alliances, and identifying best practices. IDEAlliance has been a leader
in information technology since 1966 (founded as Graphic Communications
Association) having fostered the development and adoption of standards
such as ADIS, GRACoL, ICE, JIFFI, Mail.dat, papiNet, PRISM, PROSE XML,
SPACE XML, SGML, and XML. Learn more about IDEAlliance
# # #
Edd Dumbill -- more from me at http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/
Managing Editor, XML.com, XMLhack.com; Chair, XML Europe 2004