   Re: [xml-dev] problems getting the value of a float with XSD

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 12:54, Davinia Lopez wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to get the value of a float from a XML file, but when I get the
> value with:
>
> hr = pNodeAttrPrice->get_nodeValue(&value);
>
> it's stored as a string and not as a float.
<snip>
> What I am doing wrong?

Nothing. :-)

The return value is always a string. The datatype in the schema just
constrains the content of the string to be a string representation of a
floating point value.

You must convert the string to a float after you have retrieved it.

/Henrik