   RE: [xml-dev] The XCP Consortium seems to be taking XML to the next leve

  • To: "Shane McCarron" <shane@aptest.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] The XCP Consortium seems to be taking XML to the next level
  • From: "Chris Wilper" <cwilper@cs.cornell.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:50:48 -0500

Hi Shane,

I think you guys missed a big opportunity here.  Maybe
it's not too late: Can you restrict it to RDF? (But
just the abstract model because the syntax will be
too hard for most implementers).

This would automatically get you:

  - Semantics: No more wondering what things mean!
  - Inference: Conclusions can finally be drawn!
  - Classes: Infinitely extensible types!  Yay!
  - Knowlege: Forget information!  Knowledge is key!

In favor of this new protocol, I think TCP should be
deprecated as soon as possible.  If people want to pass
legacy "information" around reliably they could just
"migrate" to RFC 1149.

- Chris