   RE: [xml-dev] Harmonising RSS-* and Atom - solving interoperability prob

	I must say that I really object to the fact that you haven't
provided an ASN.1 schema in addition to the RelaxNG and XSD schemas.
Remember, ASN.1 is an XML-Schema language too! See below for the ASN.1
equivelant definition. Note: For ASN.1, I need to have a "Module Name"
but you didn't provide an equivelant in your schemas... I chose
"OneForAll", is this all right?
	Now that we've got the various harmonising schemas defined, I
really think we should seriously consider the implications and utility
of supporting binary, compressed encoding methods. Fortunately, the
ASN.1 definition below can also be used without modification to
generate ASN.1 BER, CER, DER, PER, etc.  encodings.
	Also, please note that initial experiments indicate that the
schema below will also support processing of USGS Earthquake Report
XML files. I consider this to be a great win for the RSS community!
Now we can really shake things up!

		bob wyman

	The ASN.1 Schema for Harmonised RSS* and Atom is:

OneForAll DEFINITIONS XER INSTRUCTIONS AUTOMATIC TAGS ::=
BEGIN

  Tag ::= [NAME AS UNCAPITALIZED] [ELEMENT] SEQUENCE {
    attr     [ANY-ATTRIBUTES] SEQUENCE OF UTF8String,
    tag-list [UNTAGGED] SEQUENCE OF tag Tag
  }

  ENCODING-CONTROL XER
    GLOBAL-DEFAULTS MODIFIED-ENCODINGS