   Re: [xml-dev] WS-Emperor naked?

Bob Wyman wrote:

>         Sorry...  I had it backwards. Tim's list does include WS-Eventing,
> however, it does not include WS-Events. It is WS-Events[1] (the HP spec)
> that may be "dead" now that WS-Eventing and WS-Notification are taking all
> the steam in their respective areas. But, I'm not sure.
>         My apologies: It is really hard to keep track of all these
> specs...

FWIW, I gave a presentation to a US federal audience recently [1] titled
"The Current and Emerging State of Web Services Standards", in which I
cite many of the specifications that we've discussed in this thread.
Hope you find it helpful.

I will also give the same presentation (but updated for timeliness) as a
keynote session at an upcoming "SOA Forum" [2] sponsored by US NIST
(National Institute of Standards and Technology) in 2 weeks.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World

[1] http://web-services.gov/Chiusano32304.ppt
[2] http://www.mel.nist.gov/div826/msid/sima/ebsc/soa.htm
[NOTE: Please ignore any formatting anamolies that occurred during
conversion from PPT to HTML format]

--
Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano