   RE: [xml-dev] WS-Emperor naked?

Title: RE: [xml-dev] WS-Emperor naked?
You seem to have missed my post that OASIS approval process for a standard requires three member companies to vouch for using the spec successfully, which also happens to mean interoperably, as in it being read, loaded and displaying each company's web services portlets. For WSRP that included: * BEA * Citrix * Fujitsu * IBM * Oracle * Plumtree * Sun *  Vignette. For a loooong set of example portlets from Oracle see:

http://psprovider.oracle.com/jsp/catalog/search/search_results.jsp?sort_order=ch.COMPANY_NAME&sort_direction=ASC&portlet_keyword=&portlet_category=&provider_type=&portal_version=&supported_language=&company_category=&company_name=Oracle9%3Ci%3Ei%3C%2Fi%3EAS

To view Oracle's interoperability test site, inlcuding samples of WSRP/JSR168 compatible portlets visit:

http://portalstandards.oracle.com

For IBM's WSRP test kit:

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/wsrptk

For the Portlet Open Source Trading Post (for wsrp -conformant/compliant portlets) started by Ross Fubini of Plumtree:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/portlet-opensrc/

Citrix also has resources for .Net.

Obviously, I only speak to WSRP interoperability, though I believe WS-A is fairly well accepted for the run of that WS-I's specs. WS-Eventing could prove worthy, but I hate the names Source and Sink--like voodoo hocuspocus when its just another pub-sub model. As for all the frameworks, I'll reserve judgement, but I like WSBPEL's chances of providing substantial interoperable value for business rules within web services and web apps running inside web services.

Ciao,
Rex