   RE: [xml-dev] WS-Emperor naked?

Rex Books wrote:

> You seem to have missed my post that OASIS approval
> process for a standard requires three member companies
> to vouch for using the spec successfully, which also
> happens to mean interoperably, as in it being read,
> loaded and displaying each company's web services portlets.

Didn't miss it, just didn't agree with it. Just because OASIS
publishes a spec doesn't mean it's going to be widely adopted
or supported even by those with their names on the top, let
alone those with a competing version or vision.

Practical interoperability testing between vendors products
is a big missing piece of the WS-* puzzle. Sure there are fests
and endpoints published, but nothing like the kind of real
open testing that went on at the height of SOAPBuilders.

Paul
- Speaking for myself