   Re: [xml-dev] XSL-FO Table and region after

At 2004-04-05 11:34 +0200, Mauro Arcolini wrote:
>i have this issue:

Note there are two mail lists with a focus on XSL-FO:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xsl-fo/

XSLT and XPath questions would be better posted to the following list,
though XSL-FO questions are also acceptable there:

There are a number of subscribers who would enthusiastically respond to
such questions.

There is also an *excellent* FAQ at:

   http://www.dpawson.co.uk

>i have a page master where a fo:table is defined in region-body(fo:flow
>flow-name="xsl-region-body"), but i can see that bottom margin of
>region-body is not respected, in other way fo:table is rendered also in
>region-after and this is a problem for me,

I suspect an error in your formatting engine.  I have seen my students get
this when they neglect to add bottom-margin= to their <region-body>, but
you state that you have done so.  That margin is there to protect the
<region-after> from being overwritten.

>because on last page of sequence
>i must add a footer. In the particulare case where in last page the fo:table
>takes all space available also in region-after, my footnote is not
>displayed!

You say "footer", is that a table footer of rows and columns, a page footer
at the bottom of the page, or just additional text in the flow?

>So, the question is: Is possible to render the fo:table only in the declared
>space area of region-body?

That is the required behaviour of the XSL-FO engine.

>If no, is possible to make sure display of footnote on last page?

Here you say "footnote" instead of "footer" ... so I see at least three
possible answers to this:

(1) - if you mean a true footnote, the formatter is supposed to allocate
the space at the bottom of the main reference area on the page where you
have placed the footnote; I've recommended this be used for things like
disclaimers at the bottom of the last page of the flow

(2) - if you mean a table footer, this can be added as the last rows of the
table body, or you can define a table footer and signal that it only be
used at the end of the entire table instead of each page

(3) - if you mean a page footer, you can sequence your page geometries such
that the last page have a <region-after> and you place your content into a
static flow for that region

I'm sorry I cannot tell from your questions which applies to your situation.

>This issue is very important for me, if anyone can tell me a solution ....

I hope this helps.

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Each week:   Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/bc