   Re: WS-Emperor naked?

Tim inquires:

> Would anyone here like to argue that the list found in
>
>   http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/04/01/WS-Mumble
>
> is coherent, or sensible, or viable, or generally that the parrot is
> not dead?

Anyone remember the (dare I say "good") old days when people wrote useful
software that did useful things, rather than writing incomprehensible
specifications?

It's not a "standard" till it's implemented and in wide usage.  So it does
make me wince when these specifications are blessed as "standards" even
before they are fully-baked (or half-baked if you prefer) and before there
are usable implementations and/or wide-spread adoption.

Then again, we could always comment on elephants designed by committees,
which such specs seem to fall foul of.

All this effort might end up being useful....but I fear that it will be just
a colossal waste of time in the end.

I suppose time and history will tell...the parrot is neither alive nor dead
right now....in fact, it's not even a parrot, just the specifications of what
might become a parrot.  It may be stillborn...or it might end up a phoenix.
(all allegories/puns intended ;-)  ).

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com