   Re: [xml-dev] [The 4 Waves of Web Services Standards] Re: [xml-dev]WS-Em

I think your view is too optimistic/visionary.

I'd split your advanced (step 2) into two parts:
        point-to-point
        multi-party/federated
For example, the basic security mechanisms (SAML, maybe XACML,
DSIG, Encryption, WS-Seucrity) and some messaging (notification)
are pretty much done.  The multiparty stuff (choregraphy, federation,
most of ws-xxx, etc) isn't.

I'm skeptical about ever achieving 2B, let alone your #3 and $4. :)

        /r$

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html