   RE: [xml-dev] Costs, benefits, and emperors with wardrobe malfunctions -

> I keep asking:  what happened to the WSIO?  They said they were
> going to work out incompatibility issues in the WS spec domain.
>
> Did they?

In progress.  The WS-I profiles other standards, trying to pick the 80/20
rule for interoperability in Web Services.  They did a basic profile,
we're planning on releasing a draft of the security profile in June,
and the second edition of BP (including with and without attachments)
is also fairly far along.

Here's an old column about it that's still accurate:
   http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/2003/03/04/endpoints.html

Disclaimer:  I'm on the security WG.
        /r$

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html