   Re: [xml-dev] Eclipse: the new Emacs? (and the XML story)

Hi,

 > I tried using oXygen to validate
 > documents against a RELAX NG schema, but that didn't work out too
 > well. oXygen was unable to associate the document with the schema.
 > (If anyone has had better luck, please tell me.)

You have two options:
1. Use a PI to associate the RNG schema with the document and then use
the Validate action to validate against that schema.
A sample PI is:
<?oxygen RNGSchema="personal.rng" type="xml"?>
There is also a wizard that inserts it automatically, see the associate
schema action. Also when a new document is created (oXygen->New XML
wizard) based on a Relax NG schema the PI is inserted in the document.

2. Use the Relax NG validation action.

 >> I tried loading a 410K XML document
[...]
 >> 1. oXygen works at first, but eventually causes a memory-exhaustion
 >> error after a bit of editing.

You should give Eclipse some more heap as Bob suggested. 256 MB should
be more than enough for that document, we usually test this
configuration with a ~3.5 MB document.

Best Regards,
  George
George Cristian Bina