   Re: [xml-dev] Eclipse: the new Emacs? (and the XML story)

Liam Quin wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 08:01:42AM -0400, Mark Schmeets wrote:
>>  I have always assumed it was because the were using DOM's
>> internally, and that the
>> DOM implementations were memory hogs. Any one have any wisdom to share here?
>
> For Java-based software, the JVM you use may also make a difference,
> although my experience (mostly on Linux) has been that the non-Sun JVMs
> don't actually run much software I want to run.

I have to second this, GUI apps written in Java (oXygen for instance)
simply don't run on a 900 Mhz G3 with 768mo because they hog all
resources, or they simply fail to load (EditiX). Java's pretty much a
Widows-only (ok, and MIDP) language IME.

--
Robin Berjon